Also the differential needed some cleaning. I also decided to take out the oil as I don’t know what oil the previous owner used and the condition of the oil is unknown. When draining the oil I came to the plan to refurbish the cover and to make it look good.
That actually meant sand blasting the cover and give it a gray paint. After 2 layers primer, two layers of paint I also gave it 2 layers of clear coat to protect it against dirt. The case itself got cleaned thoroughly and got 2 layers of “rust converter and primer”. After that 2 layers of black paint.
I also mounted a new speed sensor with rubber gasket and gave it a new mounting plate with new bolts.